So far all public schools and most private schools are cancelled in the province. A few flights at Halifax's Stanfield International Airport have also been cancelled.
Environment Canada has issued a blizzard warning for most of mainland Nova Scotia on Wednesday with winds gusting up to 70 km/hour for some areas.
CBC meteorologist Kalin Mitchell said to expect between five and 10 centimetres of snow before 6 a.m., with the worst of the snow and blowing snow hitting the province between 12 p.m. and 8 p.m. Wednesday.
The storm is expected to bring strong winds up to 70 km/h and snowfall amounts in the range of 20 to 30 centimetres for parts of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.
People attempting the commute to work can expect a messy route.
So far these schools are cancelled:- Halifax Regional School Board
- Chignecto Central Regional School Board
- South Shore Regional School Board
- Tri-County Regional School Board
- Cape Breton Victoria Regional School Board
- Strait Regional School Board
- Sandy Lake Academy in Bedford
- Maritime Muslim Academy
- Halifax Christian Academy
- Halifax Grammar School
- Halifax Independent School
- Conseil Scolaire Acadien Provincial in Clare, Argyle, Halifax, Greenwood, Truro
- Sacred Heart School
- Ambrae Academy
These universities and colleges are closed:- Saint Mary's University
- Mount Saint Vincent University
- All NSCC locations
- Acadia University
For more cancellations click here