Here are Pierre's picks for Jan. 31, Feb. 1 and 2.
1. Montrealer Leif Vollebekk will ease you into the weekend with his folk songs about travelling and relationships. Catch him at Maison de la Culture Maisonneuve on Friday at 8 p.m. Tickets are $18.20.
2. The second part of Robert Lepage's tetralogy Jeux de cartes is on now at La Tohu. Coeurs (Hearts) explores the parallels between the Spring of Nations of 1848 and the recent Arab Spring. Shows run Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets range from $25 to $65.
3. The Côte Saint-Luc Dramatic Society stages Norm Foster's Bedtime Stories at the Harold Greenspon Auditorium. The cast includes Mayor Anthony Housefather and councillors Mitchell Brownstein and Sam Goldbloom. Performances take place Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. Tickets are $20 for students and seniors and $23 for the general public.
4. The West Island Student Theatre Association presents the musical How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying at the Steve Murphy Theatre at Pierrefonds Comprehensive High School. Shows run nightly on Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m.
5. Montreal funnyman Scott Faulconbridge brings his sharp wit and hilarious storytelling to the Comedy Nest along with a few special guests. Shows are scheduled on Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Tickets are $15.