Cornwall Street between Burrard and Cypress Streets will also be closed all day Friday and Saturday.
The city says this is the last major disruptive work that needs to be done at the Burrard and Cornwall intersection, but work to replace expansion joints on the 81-year-old Burrard Bridge which will continue until July.
- Closures will be in effect from 3:30 a.m. PT until noon.
- The bridge will re-open in the afternoons with one lane south and two lanes northbound.
- Cornwall Street between Burrard and Cypress Streets will also be closed all day Friday and Saturday.
- Alternative routes such as the Granville Bridge, which has eight lanes of capacity, and Cambie Bridge are recommended.
- Transit buses will be detoured from Cornwall Street to 4th Avenue during this time.
- On Sunday, all day, the Burrard Bridge will operate with one lane south and two lanes north. Cornwall and Burrard streets will be open in its final configuration.
- Access to the bridge will be maintained for pedestrians and cyclists throughout the weekend.Suggest a correction