NEWS

Gordon Stuckless, Gardens sex abuser, back in court to face new charges

04/22/2014 06:12 EDT | Updated 06/22/2014 05:59 EDT
Convicted pedophile and former Maple Leafs Garden usher Gordon Stuckless will be back in a Toronto court on Tuesday where he will plead guilty to new charges against him, according to his attorney.

Stuckless was convicted in 1997 of sexually assaulting 24 young boys while working at the Gardens, and now faces 108 new charges for offenses dating back to the 1970s and 1980s.

Eighteen new victims came forward last year with allegations and police re-arrested the 64-year-old. 

Stuckless is expected to plead guilty to 103 of the 108 new charges, according to his attorney, Ari Goldkind, but will plead not guilty to five of the charges.

“Those are counts that involve a word called ‘buggery,’ which is an older term, for what would be called anal sex with these boys – much more serious charges. Mr. Stuckless maintains while he did some horrible and terrible things and ruined many lives back then, he never did those things to young boys,” said Goldkind.

Goldkind said he is hoping for a similar sentence as the last time for Stuckless, but says he doesn’t want his client labelled as a dangerous offender.

“When you’ve been living in the community … for 13 years, and you haven’t so much as harmed another child, to bring a dangerous offender application in my view is not the appropriate way to go.”

Goldkind said that Stuckless has undergone intensive therapy and regularly receives chemical castration injections.

Stuckless is expected in court at 10 a.m. ET. 

MORE:cbcNews