Several North Vancouver high school students have become sick from eating marijuana-infused treats over the past week.
Two Grade 10 students — from separate high schools — became dizzy, had heart palpitations and vomited, and one of them had to be taken to hospital.
"More than two students took the product but only two got sick enough to either leave school or go to the hospital," said RCMP Cpl. Richard De Jong.
A 16-year-old has been arrested for allegedly selling the pot-laced snacks to other students this week, reported The Vancouver Sun.
Making weed treats like brownies and krispy squares widely available can be very tempting to children, De Jong said in a news release. The snacks are especially dangerous because they look and taste like regular sweets, he said.
How sick a child gets depends on the kid's age, weight, the potency of the pot, and how much is consumed.
With files from The Canadian Press
Like this article? Follow our Facebook page
Or follow us on Twitter
Also on HuffPost