The force says that as of Sunday 32 people have died this year in crashes where they weren't wearing seatbelts.
That's down from the 73 who died in 2013, and also from 2009's 68 deaths — which is the tally to beat as it's the lowest number of fatalities since 2005.
OPP says that while more than 100 people died each year between 2005 and 2007 in collisions where lack of seatbelt compliance was a contributing factor, since then the count has stayed in the two-figure range.
They're launching their annual seatbelt safety campaign on Wednesday, and are reminding motorists that failing to buckle up is a fineable offence.
Deputy Commissioner Brad Blair says that though the numbers this year are looking good, OPP want 100 per cent compliance with seatbelt laws.