Blame it on Bodog, as the online sports book has issued odds on who's going to be sacked. Their top six are:
- Jack Capuano, New York Islanders (3/1) — Made full-time bench boss in April 2011 but has only one playoff appearance.
- Craig Berube, Philadelphia (4/1) — Former enforcer who played over 1,000 games in the NHL has only been at the reins of the Flyers for one season. And they made the playoffs, losing in seven games to the Rangers. Tough crowd.
- Paul MacLean, Ottawa (11/2) — 2013 Jack Adams Award winner as coach of the year has been with the Senators for three seasons and they've been in the playoffs for two of those.
- Dallas Eakins, Edmonton (11/2) — Former Maple Leafs assistant has one year under his belt with the Oilers. OK, so they finished seventh in the division and failed to make the playoffs. That's been happening for awhile now.
- Bob Hartley, Calgary (6/1) — Another former Cup-winning coach (Colorado, 2000-01), Hartley has a dozen years of NHL coaching experience but his two years with the Flames haven't produced any post-season appearances.
Who do you think will get the early axe this season? Have your say in our poll.Suggest a correction