Wednesday, June 4:
6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. — A witness says she saw a man wearing military camouflage walking down Pioneer Avenue in the northwest area of the city.
7:18 p.m. to 8:13 p.m. — Justin Bourque uses a Poly Technologies Model M305, 308-calibre Winchester semi-automatic rifle to shoot five RCMP officers responding to a complaint of a man dressed in camouflage clothing and carrying guns.
9:15 p.m. — Via Twitter, the RCMP tells residents in the area to remain inside as they investigate the shootings.
10:30 p.m. — The RCMP say they are searching for 24-year-old Justin Bourque of Moncton and release a picture of him on Twitter dressed in camouflage clothing and carrying two rifles.
11 p.m. — Police confirm that three officers have died as a result of gunshot wounds and two others are in hospital being treated for non life-threatening injuries.
Thursday, June 5:
6:30 a.m. — Police issue a map showing a large section of northwest Moncton where they want residents to remain indoors and lock their doors.
11:15 a.m. — The Mounties hold a briefing to update their search for Bourque. Roger Brown, the commanding officer for the RCMP in New Brunswick, says the suspect is "very mobile and still considered very dangerous, armed and dangerous."
Friday, June 6:
12:10 a.m. — Bourque is arrested. The RCMP dismantle a cordoned off zone and reopen roads that had been closed. The police later say he was unarmed when arrested without incident, but weapons were found nearby.
8:30 a.m. — The names of the three officers who died are released by the RCMP. They were Const. David Ross, 32, originally of Victoriaville, Que.; Const. Fabrice Georges Gevaudan, 45, originally of Boulogne-Billancourt in France; and Const. Douglas James Larche of Saint John, N.B.
Tuesday, June 10:
Funeral service is held for Ross, Gevaudan and Larche, preceded by a parade of 2,700 law enforcement officers from across Canada and the United States. Prime Minister Stephen Harper acknowledges the "searing grief" that has gripped New Brunswick.
Friday, July 4:
An affidavit signed by Bourque's father is filed in court saying he did not notice any serious mental or emotional problems with his son until about 18 months ago. The father says in the document that Bourque bought a gun, got kicked out of the family home, ranted against authority and became paranoid.
Friday, Aug. 8:
Bourque pleads guilty to three counts of first-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder. The Crown says Bourque should not be eligible to apply for parole for 75 years on the murder charges, which it will seek in sentencing.
(Source: RCMP, agreed statement of facts)Suggest a correction