BUSINESS

Construction company says German worker kidnapped in Nigeria has been freed

10/30/2014 09:09 EDT | Updated 12/30/2014 05:59 EST
BERLIN - The company that employed a German man kidnapped in Nigeria last week says he has been freed.

The German office of Nigeria-based construction company Julius Berger declined to provide further details beyond confirming the employee's release. There was no word about any possible ransom being paid.

Gunmen had kidnapped the man and killed another German construction expert as the two men were being driven to work Oct. 24 in Nigeria's southwestern state of Ogun.