NEWS

Carbon monoxide poisoning hospitalizes 5 in Vancouver

12/03/2014 10:04 EST | Updated 02/02/2015 05:59 EST
Five people were transported to hospital early Wednesday morning after a carbon monoxide leak at a home on Vancouver's West Side.

Fire crews were called to the home on the 2700 block of West 34th Avenue near Larch Street just after midnight. When they arrived they found two adults and three children sitting outside the home.

One individual was rushed to hospital, while the other four were treated at the home and then taken to hospital.

The Vancouver Hazmat Team was also on scene as part of the investigation but so far officials have not said what caused the carbon monoxide leak or if there was a carbon monoxide detector in the home. 

MORE:cbcNews