At about 4:30 a.m., crews had managed to extinguish the fire burning on the first floor of the home and bring the blaze under control. They then moved onto several hot spots in the basement.
Two people were treated by paramedics at the scene for smoke inhalation and burns.
Fire officials said the fire was likely caused by a lit cigarette or by a hair dryer left on intentionally for heat. Firefighters also found 10 marijuana plants in the home.
Animal services was also on scene, as it is believed at least one family pet perished.Suggest a correction