POLITICS

Premier's office says Ontario government website hasn't been hacked

12/12/2014 10:38 EST | Updated 02/11/2015 05:59 EST
TORONTO - Ontario's premier's office says the provincial government's websites have not been hacked.

Some media reports and chatter on social media Friday night indicated that the government's Ontario.ca website contained a message saying the site had been hacked.

A spokeswoman for Premier Kathleen Wynne says the hacking involved a third-party domain routing service that directs traffic to the government's site.

Zita Astravas issued an emailed statement that the government's own websites were not affected.

She says no personal information or any government data was compromised and the websites remain secure.

By late Friday the hacking notice did not appear on the government's main site.