Dr. Gilles Julien pioneered the field of social pediatrics in Quebec, devoting his life to providing medical care and social supports to vulnerable children.
His foundation runs two centres that provide health and community services for children in Montreal. Those centres also serve as a model for social pediatric centres elsewhere in Quebec.
6 ways to give to the food drive- By cell phone: Text DRJULIEN to 80100 and it will give you the option of donating $10, $20 or $25. Telus will double whatever donation you decide to make.
- By phone: You can make a donation by calling 1-855-DrJulien. Volunteers are on the line to take your donation.
- Online at the official Dr. Julien Fundraising website (in French).
- In person: Volunteers are collecting donations on the streets of Montreal, in public markets (Jean-Talon, Atwater and Maisonneuve) and at the Salon des métiers d’art de Montréal at the Place Bonaventure.
- In a taxi: Today, Taxi Diamond will pick up donations from your home if you call them at 514-273-6331.
- By mail: At the Fondation du Dr Julien : 1601, rue Aylwin, Montréal, QC, H1W 3B9.
Organizers say aside from cash donations, they’re looking for the following types of donations:- Books suitable for children
- New toys
- Educational toys
- Art supplies
- Sporting equipment
- Cultural or sporting event tickets
- Musical instruments
- Gift certificates
There will be live entertainment at the two headquarters of Dr. Julien.
In Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, CBC's French-language service, Radio-Canada, is broadcasting live from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. In Côte-des-Neiges, Sugar Sammy – the multilingual comedian who grew up in that neighbourhood – will be stopping by at the community recreation centre on Côte-des-Neiges Street to make a donation at 2 p.m.
The public is invited to both events.Suggest a correction