But if you do want to get out and share some of that Christmas cheer, there are places to go and things to do even on Christmas day.
Ice skating- Robson Square Ice Rink is open from 12 to 5 p.m PT. Skating is free with your own skates or you can rent skates. The rink also features a concession with snacks and warm drinks.
- Trout Lake Rink at 3350 Victoria Drive is one of the city's Olympic amenities and was a training location for figure skaters. Skate on an NHL size hockey rink!
- Public skate: 11 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- Family fun hockey: 1:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Public Skate: 2:15 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The ski hills
Cypress Mountain is open from 10 a.m. PT - 3:30 p.m. It has received 2 to 3 cm of new snow on Wednesday. There is limited skiing for experts. The "Easy Rider" will also be open for beginners with limited width. The Eagle Express is open with the Skate Park.
Grouse Mountain Skyride is open from 8:15 a.m. to 5 p.m.- Lupins Cafe is open from 10:45 a.m to 5:00 p.m.
- Grouse Grind Coffee Bar is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Altitudes Bistro is open from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- The Observatory is closed.
The Vancouver Aquarium
This year's holiday festivity at the aquarium features a giant walk-through Christmas tree in the ocean courtyard, an outdoor maze of decorated trees featuring shows and interactive displays and a one-of-a-kind 4.5 metre tall marine debris tree by a B.C. artist Pete Clarkson.
Treat yourself to one of the many movies opening for Christmas day around town. The much talked about comedy, The Interview, spoofing North Korea won't be one of them, but you can watch it online.
There's always Into the Woods, Disney's adaptation of the Stephen Sondheim-James Lapine musical mashup of several Grimm fairy tales. The movie is a re-imagining of classic tales including Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel, Jack and the Beanstalk and others.
Vancouver restaurants- ARC Restaurant: Coal Harbour
- Copper Chimney: Downtown.Indian food
- forage: West End
- Gyu-Kaku on Broadway: Japanese
- Showcase Restaurant & Bar: Downtown
Golf Courses- Fraserview Golf Course
- Langara Golf Course
- McCleery Golf Course
Grocery stores- T&T Supermarket
- SuperValu on Commercial
Liquor Stores- Granville Liquor Store
- Legacy Liquor Store
- Brewery Creek Cold Beer & Win
If there's anything we've missed, feel free to email us at email@example.com and we'll add it to the list.Suggest a correction