That's the question put to 3,328 British Columbians in a recent poll by Insights West in its second annual Dream Employer survey.
The survey suggests more than one-third of working people in the province aren't particularly satisfied with their jobs and have a very specific wish-list of top employers.
Compensation is the most important benefit, followed by flexibility of work hours, medical benefits, bonuses, profit-sharing and opportunities for advancement.
Public sector finalists (in alphabetical order):
• BC Children’s Hospital / BC Women’s Hospital
• BC Ferries
• BC Hydro
• BC Liquor Distribution Board / BC Liquor Stores
• British Columbia Lottery Corporation (BCLC)
• Canada Post
• Canada Revenue Agency
• University of British Columbia
• Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
• WorkSafe BC
Private sector finalists (in alphabetical order):
• Air Canada
• BC Lions
• BC SPCA
• David Suzuki Foundation
• Electronic Arts
• Vancouver Canucks
Winners will be announced on Feb. 3 at Insights West's Dream Employer Awards.