The RCMP say the report will be released on Friday at 10 a.m. AT, along with the police force's response to its recommendations.
The review was led by Phonse MacNeil, the former commanding officer of H Division in Nova Scotia.
When RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson announced the review in July, he said all facets of the June 4 shootings in Moncton "need to be understood."
Justin Bourque was sentenced on Oct. 31 to life in prison with no chance of parole for 75 years for the first-degree murders.
It is the longest sentence in Canadian history, and the harshest since the death penalty was abolished.
Bourque killed Const. Douglas James Larche, 40, Const. Dave Joseph Ross, 32, and Const. Fabrice Georges Gevaudan, 45.
Const. Éric Stéphane J. Dubois and Const. Marie Darlene Goguen were wounded in the Moncton shooting spree.
In November, Roger Brown, the commanding officer of the RCMP in New Brunswick, said he believed the internal report would address some of the communication problems that arose as Bourque wandered through a north-end Moncton neighbourhood.
"We had police officers from different provinces — from Nova Scotia, P.E.I. — that came here, that are on a different radio system, [who] couldn’t communicate with each other," Brown said in the November interview.
Ambulance crews could not communicate with the police, while paramedics could not respond to the fallen officers because the area had been categorized as a kill zone, he said.
"This is one that we absolutely have to get fixed, not just here, but across Canada," Brown said last year.
The two-day manhunt for Bourque following the shootings involved more than 265 RCMP officers from across Canada and about 60 municipal police officers from forces across the country.
The officers searched the woods for the heavily-armed suspect wearing camouflage as Moncton residents waited under lockdown. He was arrested just after midnight on June 6.Suggest a correction