Ryan Belbin had been expected to be sentenced Thursday, after being found guilty in October of breaking and entering, abduction of a person under 14, sexual assault and sexual interference.
The victim, whose name has not been released, had been visiting Toronto from Connecticut at the time of the assault.
Police said she was snatched from the home in the city's north end by a stranger around 3 a.m. on Boxing Day.
Investigators at the time said family members who had found the girl within minutes of the abduction saw a man running from the scene.
The girl's age was not released, but she was believed to be four or five.