The city says there are approximately 29,000 catch basins across the Halifax region.
Because the weather in the municipality is changing rapidly between snow and rain, there is flooding in some low-lying areas.
The city says the worst reports of flooding are at:- Bedford Highway
- Barrington Street, with severe flooding at the intersection with Inglis Street
- Quinpool Road, at Horseshoe Island and the Armdale Roundabout
- Oxford Street, at the intersections of Jubilee and Coburg roads
- Northwest Arm Drive
- Thornhill Drive and the surrounding subdivision in Spryfield
- Cole Harbour Road, between Forest Hills Parkway and Caldwell Road
- Waverley Road near Montebello Drive
- Shore Road in Eastern Passage
- Dunbrack Street
- Lacewood Drive between Bayview Drive and Glenforest Drive
- Main Street near NSCC Akerley Campus
- Portland Street at Linden Lea and Pleasant Street
- Arklow Drive, Nester Crescent and Montego Drive in Cole Harbour
- Purcells Cove Road
- Herring Cove Road
- Mumford Road and Romans Avenue
- Prince Albert Road
The city is advising people to avoid these areas, and stay off the roads unless they must travel.