1. Led his Liberal party to a majority government in 2007, winning 23 of 27 seats. His government was re-elected four years later with 22 seats.
2. Introduced full-day kindergarten in 2011.
3. Served at a time when agriculture and fisheries exports grew.
4. His government was dogged by allegations of fraud and bribery involving an immigrant investor program. The RCMP investigated and no charges were laid.
5. Oversaw yearlong celebrations last year to mark the 150th anniversary of the meeting of the Fathers of Confederation in Charlottetown.
Also on HuffPost