That's up from $53 million in 2013 and mainly due to online fraudsters, the Better Business Bureau said on Wednesday.
"Technology continues to help scammers cast a wider net for people to be susceptible," said Danielle Primrose, president of BBB serving mainland B.C.
Here's a list of the top 10 scams:
1. Top Auto Scam - Automotive Online Pricing
2. Top Emotional Scam - Disaster Charity Fraud
3. Top Identity Theft - Remote Computer Repair
4. Top Social Media Scam - Fake Facebook Friend Request
5. Top Romance Scam – Catphishing/Online Dating scam
6. Top Utilities Scam – Fake Billing
7. Top Finance Scam - Online Affinity Fraud
8. Top Sales Scam - Redirected Robocalls
9. Top Big Data Scam - Big Box Breach
10. Top Ad Scam - Fake Online Reviews