Homeowner Shawn MacWilliams said three people were living at the house, but they had four guests staying there overnight while celebrating his sister's 50th birthday party.
Fire officials say two people were taken to hospital with smoke inhalation, but otherwise, everybody made it out safely.
MacWilliams said he was woken up at about 4 a.m. PT when his son started yelling.
“My son, he lives in the basement, he said, ‘Fire, fire, get out!’
"Well I heard the smoke alarm first, but I though maybe they were burning something, because it’s gone off before, but no this time was for real — By the time I grabbed my clothes and got out the curtains in my bedroom were on fire.”
MacWilliams says he had to crawl out of the house, with his eyes burning from the smoke.
“From the time he woke me up, to the time I got my basic clothes on, or whatever, smoke was already filling in the room.”
MacWilliams said he suspects an untended cigarette left on the back patio may be to blame for the fire.
“It was a big hot fire, I lost everything, everything. I got two Harley motorcycles in there, a friend’s motorcycle, my tools, my clothes, picture, you know family pictures from when I was a kid.”Suggest a correction