CBC chief correspondent Peter Mansbridge will moderate the event being held at the Canadian Broadcast Centre in Toronto. It will be streamed live tonight at 7 p.m. ET on CBCNews.ca
Canadians can join the conversation on Twitter by using the hashtag #CBCAsks.
The event is meant to engage Canadians in conversations about politics and democracy leading up to the 2015 federal election.
On stage, two teams of three debaters will argue this statement: "The political process is no longer the most effective way to enact real change."
Debaters include:- Sheila Copps, former Liberal MP and author.
- Andrew Coyne, editorials and comment editor at the National Post, and a columnist for Postmedia News.
- Alison Loat, an author, university instructor, and co-founder of Samara.
- Dave Meslin, a writer, community organizer and trainer.
- Aisha Moodie-Mills, an American progressive strategist, policy analyst, and social entrepreneur.
- Monte Solberg, a former Conservative MP, and a columnist and adviser.
Steve Patterson, host of CBC Radio's The Debaters, will MC the evening.
You get to vote to see which side wins. Make your vote count and join us for this lively night of political engagement.Suggest a correction