SPORTS

UFC says former light-heavyweight champ Rampage Jackson back on card in Montreal

04/21/2015 10:22 EDT | Updated 07/15/2015 04:59 EDT
TORONTO - Former light-heavyweight champion Quinton (Rampage) Jackson has been restored to the UFC 186 card this weekend in Montreal.

Jackson's return to the UFC was put on hold earlier this month after rival promoter Bellator won an injunction in New Jersey, arguing that Jackson still had three fights left on his six-fight contract. The Jackson camp contended the contract was void because Bellator had failed to live up to its promises.

On Tuesday the UFC said the injunction has been lifted and that Jackson would face Brazil’s Fabio Maldonado in the co-main event at the Bell Centre as originally planned.

"It's time to pay some bills! The fight is back on boyz!" Jackson tweeted.

Jackson and Maldonado will fight at a catch weight of 215 pounds, instead of 205 pounds,

"We are happy with the decision from the New Jersey court allowing Rampage to fight in Montreal this Saturday night,” UFC president Dana White said in a statement. "I am looking forward to seeing Rampage back in the Octagon."

Bellator did not immediately respond when asked for comment Tuesday evening.

Former minor-league hockey enforcer Steve Bosse had been summoned to replace Jackson. He now has to wait his turn for his UFC debut.

Jackson left the UFC after a loss in January 2013. He won all three of his fights in Bellator.

MORE:cpSports