The hearings began last month, when Ghomeshi's lawyer Marie Henein requested that the ongoing proceedings resume on April 28.
The disgraced ex-host of the arts and culture show Q was not present at the previous hearing.
Ghomeshi, 47, faces eight charges, which include overcoming resistance by choking.
He has admitted to engaging in rough sex but said it was consensual.
Henein told reporters in February that Ghomeshi will plead not guilty to all of the charges. He is currently free on $100,000 bail with numerous conditions.