Here we sum up the game in 10 tweets.
1. Ginette Reno and Sara Diamond sing opposing anthems, but off ice they seem like the best of friends.
2. Jeff Petry scores his first ever playoff goal early in the first.
It probably had something to do with his families pet turtle cheering him on.
3. Valtteri Filppula was able to tie the game up with .24 seconds left in the first. And then Steve Stamkos got his long awaited first goal of these playoffs. After that the floodgates were opened in favour of Tampa.
4. Tom Gilbert scored again for the Canadiens, but it was already too late. Three out of Tampa's six goals were scored on a power play. While Montreal was 0-3 on their power plays.
5. JT Brown scores Tampa's sixth goal
6. Suffice it to say Hab's fans were frustrated.
7. But beer cans weren't the only things thrown at the game.
8. If a picture tells a thousand words, then this one speaks volumes about how Montreal was feeling about this game.
9. And this picture speaks to how some fans were also feeling.
10. But MOST Hab's fans are die hard and ever the optimists.
And of course, let's not forget that this scenario happened before in 1993.
Click here if you don't know how that ended.Suggest a correction