The federation is certainly sending its A-list group to Toronto in July as three Olympic medallists will headline the team.
Four-time Olympic medallist Adam van Koeverden will race the men's K-1 1000 metres. Olympic bronze medallist and reigning world champion Mark de Jonge (men's K-1 200m), along with Olympic bronze medallist Mark Oldershaw (men's C-1 1000m) are also bringing their talents to the summer competition.
Canoe/kayak sprint events will take place from July 11 to July 14 in Welland, Ont., featuring the following events: men's K-1 200m, K-1 1000m, K-2 200m, K-2 1000m, K-4 1000m, C-1 200m, C-1 1000m, C-2 1000m; women's K-1 200m, K-1 500m, K-2 500m, K-4 500m, C-1 200m.
"Participating in a multi-sport Games in Canada will be a new experience for me and I'm really looking forward to it," said de Jonge. "Racing in front of a home crowd at such a big event is going to be such a thrill."
Canadian canoe-kayak team for Pan Am Games:
Men's kayak- Mark de Jonge, Halifax, K1 200m
- Philippe Duchesneau, Sherbrooke, Que. K4 1000m
- Andrew Jessop, Halifax, K4 1000m
- Pierre-Luc Poulin, Lac Beauport, Que., K4 1000m
- Brady Reardon, Burlington, Ont.,K4 1000m
- Adam van Koeverden, Oakville, Ont.,K1 1000m
Women's kayak- Émilie Fournel, Montreal, K4 500m
- Kathleen Carole Fraser, Oakville, Ont., K4 500m
- Michelle Russell, Fall River, N.S. K1 200m & 500m, K4 500m
- Hannah Vaughan, Dartmouth, N.S.,K4 500m
Men's canoe- Gabriel Beauchesne-Sévigny, Trois-Rivières, Que., C2 1000m
- Jason McCoombs, Dartmouth, N.S., C1 200m
- Mark Oldershaw, Burlington, Ont.,C1 1000m
- Benjamin Russell, Dartmouth, N.S., C2 1000m
Women's canoe- Laurence Vincent-Lapointe, Trois-Rivières, Que., C1 200m