Here's a breakdown of what's open and what's closed for the June 24 holiday:
- Many pharmacies, gas stations and restaurants remain open despite the holiday, though some may have reduced hours.
- The Biodôme, Insectarium, Planetarium and Botanical Garden are open.
- The Atwater, Jean-Talon, Maisonneuve and Lachine markets are open.
- Some STM bus routes are being rerouted because of the St-Jean-Baptiste parade this afternoon.Check the schedule here.
- Garbage, recycling, compost and large items collection will proceed as regularly scheduled, except in the following boroughs.
- In Villeray–Saint-Michel–Parc-Extension, pickup of kitchen waste is cancelled and pickup of green waste is postponed to Monday, June 29.
- In Outremont, recycling pickup is postponed to Thursday, June 25.