Canada Basketball announced Friday that the team will be selected after a six-day tryout from July 12-17.
The 16 invitees include Anthony Bennett from the Minnesota Timberwolves, Sim Bhullar of the Sacramento Kings and the Orlando Magic's Andrew Nicholson.
Training camp will continue at Toronto's Air Canada Centre until the competition begins on July 21.
"We're excited to begin our 2015 season," said national team head coach Jay Triano. "This will be a quick and competitive tryout, as we have a good mix of team Canada veterans and up-and-coming talent vying for a place on the team."
Canada will play in Group A of the preliminary round. The Canadians will square off against the Dominican Republic on July 21, Argentina on July 22 and Mexico on July 23.
All games will be played at the Ryerson Athletic Centre.
Canadian men's basketball team for Pan Am Games:- Jermaine Anderson, PG, Scarborough, Ont.
- Olu Ashaolu, PF, Brampton, Ont.
- Anthony Bennett, PF, Toronto.
- Sim Bhullar, C, Etobicoke, Ont.
- Dillon Brooks, SF, Mississauga, Ont.
- Junior Cadougan, PG, Toronto.
- Aaron Doornekamp, SF, Odessa, Ont.
- Melvin Ejim, SF, Toronto.
- Carl English, SG, Paradise, Nfld.
- Devoe Joseph, SG, Pickering, Ont.
- Daniel Mullings, SG, Scarborough.
- Jamal Murray, PG, Kitchener, Ont.
- Andrew Nicholson, PF, Etobicoke, Ont.
- Dyshawn Pierre, PF, Whitby, Ont.
- Thomas Scrubb, PF, Richmond, B.C.
- Kyle Wiltjer, SF, Portland, Ore.Suggest a correction