NEWS

Security Guard Won't Face Charges In Shooting Deaths at Toronto McDonald's

07/15/2015 09:19 EDT | Updated 07/15/2016 05:59 EDT
shutterstock
A security guard who shot two men during a "physical altercation" at an east-end Toronto McDonald's in late February won't face charges related to their deaths, Toronto police said today.

Police said in February that an armed security guard, who was apparently in the restaurant at 1735 Danforth Ave. to buy food, fired his weapon following a "significant physical altercation" with two men. In Wednesday's release, they said he had been working nearby.

"During the altercation, the private security officer discharged his firearm, fatally wounding both men," the police statement said.

Donny Ouimette, 25, and Ryan Hind, 39, both of Toronto, both died, while the security guard injured his hand.

Police have never released an exact sequence of events, nor the security guard's name.

Investigators had access to security footage.

According to the release, homicide detectives conducted an investigation that including consulting senior Crown attorneys.

"It was determined that there would be no reasonable prospect of conviction, therefore no criminal charges will be laid," said the statement.