NEWS

Daycare in Laval closes over sexual assault allegations

07/16/2015 09:53 EDT | Updated 07/16/2016 05:59 EDT
A private daycare in Laval closed its doors earlier this week after the Director of Youth Protection (DYP) had to intervene due to a complaint of sexual assault against children.

Parents of the eight children that attended the daycare were all contacted by the DYP and were informed the agency would be intervening. All the children were pulled out of the daycare, which was shut down Tuesday.

"Our children are now safe," said one mother who wished to remain anonymous.

She said that after getting a call from the DYP, she asked her four-year-old daughter questions. She told CBC's French-language service Radio-Canada that she was horrified by what her daughter told her and immediately filed a complaint with police.

"I had enormous trust in these people. That trust was broken in one second," she said, adding that she contacted the parents of other children at the daycare.

According to Radio-Canada, three parents allegedly filed complaints with police.

Police refused to comment.

When contacted by Radio-Canada, one of the daycare owners would not comment, only saying that, "Things are not well."

No arrests have been made in this case.

MORE:cbcNews