Humidex values, a measure of heat and humidity, will be near 40 on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, though temperatures may be slightly cooler near the shorelines of Lake Ontario, the agency predicts.
Saturday night will be very warm with overnight minimum temperatures in the 20 to 23 degree range but we'll get some relief come Monday.
Until then, Environment Canada says the heat poses greatest risk for:
- Infants and young children.
- People with chronic illnesses such as breathing difficulties, heart conditions or psychiatric illnesses.
- People who work in the heat.
- People who exercise in the heat.
- People without access to air conditioning.
- And homeless people.Suggest a correction