City councilor Norm Kelly is cooler than we are. And you too, probably.
He's also an active Twitter user who posts hilarious things about his city, his lunch, raccoons and rap music. And with the 2015 Pan Am Games in full swing, Norm is on a roll.
Ergo, we present you eight reasons to get to know @norm in 140 zingy characters or less. You won't regret it.
1. Norm is a Pan Am superfan:
For the record, if complaining was a sport at #PanAm2015 we'd win gold.— Norm Kelly (@norm) July 17, 2015
2. Norm knows more about rap than you do. And it hurts:
New rule: Throw up the ROC to passing cars when you're in the HOV lane. https://t.co/EparaUN3CC— Norm Kelly (@norm) July 16, 2015
Drake should have been a torchbearer for the sole purpose of being able to say, "I was running through the six with the torch". #PanAm2015— Norm Kelly (@norm) July 11, 2015
To all those saying Shad should perform instead of Kanye: How? The man is running CBC on his own. https://t.co/VrnNJxe2O9— Norm Kelly (@norm) July 16, 2015
3. Further proof of his street cred: When Norm responds to a hater, his friend, rapper Lil B., backs him up:
4. He doesn't just represent the people of his ward, he's a friend to the raccoons as well:
Thinkin of the day, when you went away
What a life to take, what a bond to break
I'll be missing you. - P. DiddyJuly 11, 2015
5. Norm knows how Drake is feeling at any given moment:
(Sometimes, he does Drake better than Drake)
6. Norm doesn't back down on the tough issues. Norm gets results:
Afternoon snack. pic.twitter.com/EuCatf6MoN— Norm Kelly (@norm) July 13, 2015
7. Despite his deep knowledge of pop culture, Norm is no slave to it:
Please don't be available in Canada. pic.twitter.com/pxoP9pOdGG— Norm Kelly (@norm) July 7, 2015
Overheard someone use 'on fleek' today. Checked the definition.
i.e. My garden will be on fleek after I clean it up pic.twitter.com/0wMwMbzDmZ— Norm Kelly (@norm) July 7, 2015
The only time it's acceptable to wear Crocs is at night. When no one can see them.— Norm Kelly (@norm) July 15, 2015
What's with this new trend of men growing Santa Claus beards?— Norm Kelly (@norm) July 14, 2015
8. Norm feels pain the way you feel pain:
Gentlemen: If there are 3 urinals & the one on the far left is occupied, use the one on the right. Don't be that guy who goes in the middle.— Norm Kelly (@norm) July 19, 2015
If Monday was a type of music, it would be Justin Bieber.— Norm Kelly (@norm) July 20, 2015
IN NORM WE TRUST. #WETHENORM.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST