The last week of summer is here, so let’s hang on to every last minute of it. While enjoying the last patio drinks of the season, sport this vibrant, summery ikat nail art design.
Any colour combination can be used but bold colours or neons work the best and make the biggest impact.
To create the design, follow these easy steps:
1) Apply 2 coats of your base colour and let dry
2) Take your accent colour and make irregular shapes randomly on the nail. I find that making some on the edges and not putting the whole shape on the nail results in a better looking design. I had to do 2 coats of this colour to make it vibrant.
3) Take a white striper polish and create a smaller shape in the centre of the accent coloured shape.
4) Take a black striper polish and create small lines around the outside of the accent colour. This doesn't need to be perfect by any means.
5) Take the black polish again and create a smaller shape in the centre of the white.
6) Let dry for at least 10 minutes then apply top coat.
Ikat nails are a great introduction to bold nail art designs, as they don’t need to be perfect to still look stunning!
Polishes Used: Deborah Lippman She Drives Me Crazy, OPI Kiss Me on My Tulips, Sally Hansen I Love Nail Art in Black and White.
Kaitlyn Delano is a beauty blogger based in Toronto. You can find all of her Mani Monday designs on her blog, Kaitlyn Elisabeth Beauty.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST: