There’s a saying that goes, “Having kids doesn’t make you a father. Raising them does.” These words could not ring truer when it comes to stepdads. From teaching us valuable life skills to being there for all our milestones, stepdads are important parts of our lives.
To celebrate this fact, we looked to Instagram to see all the reasons why #StepdadsRock. Did we miss any?
1) They always have time for a story.
2) They make workouts a breeze.
3) They’re there for all your milestones, from riding your first bike…
To having your first drink…
Just wanted to say happy birthday to someone who has held a pretty big impact in my life. Happy 65th birthday Karl! Thank you so much for being there for me no matter what and thank you for never sugar coating anything and giving me the hard truth even when I don't want to hear it. All around thanks for being a dad. #family #birthday #cantkillourvibe #stepdadsrock
To even getting married.
Day 3-Someone I admire. While I do admire my mom, dad and hubby, today I'm choosing my step dad Rick. My parents have taught me more about running a ✨successful✨ business in my lifetime than anyone can ever learn in a classroom. Built from the ground up, Rick started Coastal in 1988 and its still going strong. I may not have always been watching, but I've always payed attention ☺ So when I see my name next to a photograph in a magazine, I always thank my parents first-because that's where it all started! And then my fabulous hubby of course ❤ #Professionalism #familybusiness #stepdadsrock #real30daychallenge
4) Their hugs heal all things.
5) And they’re always ready to play.
6) They’ll voluntarily be your colour buddy.
7) They plan the best movie dates.
8) Giving piggybacks is second nature.
9) And their cuddles are always on point.
10) They also pass on important life skills, like how to barbeque…
Or how to play hockey.
11) And though they won’t admit it, some have mad hair skills.
12) But mostly, stepdads are just there.
Always and forever.