Sure the Met Gala red carpet is probably one of the most exciting moments of the year for the fashion world, but for everyone else, it's the memes that arise on the Internet as a result that are the real MVPs.
Who could forget the hilarious comparisons that popped up on Twitter when Kim Kardashian wore that infamous floral Givenchy gown to the 2013 Met Gala? Or how about Rihanna's showstopping Guo Pei gown from the 2015 Met Gala that many compared to pizza or an omelette?
Well this year's 2016 Met Gala memes were just as creative and LOL-inducing as the previous years.
Behold, our fave Met Gala memes from this year (and pretty much the reason why we love the Internet).
1. Beyonce as "rough endoplasmic reticulum"
2. Beyonce for Proactiv
3. Beyonce's "Becky skin"
— ryancoffey1 (@ryancoffey1) May 3, 2016
4. Rita Ora as a feather duster
5. Kris Jenner as Adam Lambert circa 2009
I'm crying pic.twitter.com/kvpE47xE33— Dory (@Dory) May 3, 2016
6. Kris Jenner experiencing the perils of online shopping
7. Solange as Ruffles
8. Lupita Nyong'o as Marge Simpson
9. Sarah Jessica Parker as Jerry Seinfeld
10. Zoe Saldana as "The Rainbow Fish"
Zoe Saldana straight up teaching kids to read tonight pic.twitter.com/yxPE4QswCS— Dory (@Dory) May 3, 2016
11. Taylor Swift as a regular fish
12. Kylie Jenner as Lord Farquuad
13. Kim Kardashian as the Tin Man
14. Kim Kardashian's butt as Jiffy Pop
15. Katy Perry as Babs from "Chicken Run"
Also on HuffPost