A spokesperson at Global Affairs Canada said Canadian officials based in Ankara and Istanbul were closely monitoring the situation and working to determine if any Canadian citizens had been affected. Austin Jean said that so far, the department had no reports of any Canadians being injured in the attack. Foreign Affairs Minister Stephane Dion also issued a statement strongly condemning what he called an "appalling" attack. Dion offered condolences to the family and friends of the victims and wished a speedy recovery to the wounded. "We stand with the Turkish people as they deal with this most recent and appalling terror attack," Dion said. "We reaffirm our commitment to work tirelessly in the fight against terrorism."
Canada strongly condemns tonight’s deadly attack in Turkey. My thoughts are with the victims as we stand with our allies against terrorism.— Justin Trudeau (@JustinTrudeau) June 29, 2016
Also on HuffPost