ALBERTA

Alberta Halloween Candy Found To Have Pins, Needles And Razor Blades: Police

11/03/2016 11:25 EDT | Updated 11/03/2016 11:30 EDT

BLACKFALDS, Alta. – Mounties are advising parents in central Alberta to throw out a specific type of Halloween candy after a child got sick after eating it.

RCMP say the child had gone out trick or treating in Clive on Halloween and ate a piece of sugar candy, about the size of a loonie, that was orange with a back centre.

halloween candy

A child got sick after eating a candy that looked like this after trick-or-treating in Clive, Alta. (Photo: Alberta RCMP)

The child's symptoms were pale skin, dilated pupils and breaking out into a sweat.

Police say they got no other complaints.

RCMP are urging people to discard any candy that matches the description and only consume items which do not appear to have been tampered with.

Mounties also got a report that sewing needles were found in two large-size chocolate bars in Cochrane.

Police say a parent found the needles while checking their children's Halloween candy.

The exact location the bars were given out is still under investigation and if there are any other incidents with tampered candy the RCMP are strongly encouraging people to report it to help narrow down where this could have taken place.

Calgary police are also investigating after a mother reported small sewing pins found inside mini chocolate bars after trick-or-treating in the city's northwest. An Okotoks parent also reported finding a loose razor blade in their child's bag after collecting candy Monday night.

Also on HuffPost

What 200 Calories Of Your Favorite Halloween Candy Looks Like