Brad Pitt Breaks His Silence In First Interview Since Split From Angelina Jolie

Posted: Updated:
Print

On Wednesday night, Brad Pitt broke his silence in his first interview since news broke that estranged wife Angelina Jolie had filed for divorce.


The 52-year-old actor attended the red carpet premiere of his new film, "Allied,"
with pregnant costar Marion Cotillard in L.A. — the first high profile public appearance we've seen from the "World War Z" star since he and Jolie had split — and by all accounts, he was in good spirits.

According to Hello!, Pitt posed for photos with fans and signed autographs.

brad pittBrad Pitt attends the 'Allied' Fan Event Presented by Paramount Pictures, in California, on November 9, 2016. (VALERIE MACON/AFP/Getty Images)

"It's really sweet, everyone has been really kind out here," he told E! News. "It's really nice to have all the support."

Earlier that day, reports confirmed that Pitt was cleared of child abuse allegations by the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS). The investigation was opened due to an incident involving the father of six and his eldest son Maddox on a private airplane back in September.

The DCFS found that Jolie's ex did not commit any child abuse during the incident. In response, a spokesperson for Jolie released the following statement:

"The job of the DCFS is to make sure the children are in a safe and secure situation. As we said earlier this week, childcare professionals encouraged a legal agreement accepted and signed by both sides that was in the best interest of the children. Angelina said from the beginning that she felt she had to take action for the health of the family and is relieved that after their 8-week involvement, the DCFS is now satisfied the safeguards are put in place that will allow the children to heal."

brad pittMarion Cotillard and Brad Pitt arrive at the Fan Event For Paramount Pictures' 'Allied' at Regency Village Theatre on November 9, 2016 in Westwood, California. (Photo by Steve Granitz/WireImage)

On Monday, Jolie's spokesperson issued a statement stating that the former couple, who wed on August 23, 2014, had reached a legal agreement regarding custody of their six children, however, according to the Associated Press, a final agreement will be part of the couple's divorce judgment when it is entered.

According to Hello!, Pitt still plans to push for joint custody.

On Monday, Pitt co-hosted a private screening of the film "Moonlight," which was produced by his production company, Plan B.

Also on HuffPost:

Close
Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie: Their Romance In Pictures
of
Share
Tweet
Advertisement
Share this
close
Current Slide

Suggest a correction