Everyone loves to get chocolate, jewellery or flowers for Valentine's day, but really, who wouldn't much rather take a romantic trip with their sweetheart? Travelocity.ca has the answer to your steamy Valentine's Day prayers -- a retreat with your sweet. To get your planning started and your heart pumping, Travelocity.ca has put together a list of popular getaways where things can really get heated.
1) Cancun and Mayan Riviera, Mexico: With beautiful beaches and an array of resorts, nightlife, shopping and activities, Cancun and the Mayan Riviera are hard to beat. Did we mention the beautiful beaches? Whether you and your sweetheart have plans to dance the night away, cuddle under a palapa, or hole yourself up in a beautiful resort room, this Mexican hotspot has your Valentine's checklist covered!
2) Banff/Lake Louise, Alberta: If it's good enough for The Bachelor, it's good enough for me. Cuddle under a warm wool blanket with your sweetie as you ride on a horse drawn sleigh along the shores of Lake Louise. Watch the snow fall softly around you as you sip a hot chocolate, all the while anticipating the candlelit dinner that awaits you inside -- warm, rich Swiss cheese fondue paired with a cool glass of champagne, and a chocolate fondue to finish off your romantic evening. Better yet, order it all as room service.
3) New York City, New York: There's a reason why An Affair To Remember and Sleepless In Seattle feature the Empire State Building in key scenes. Because it has one of the most romantic views in the world, especially at night as millions of lights twinkle below. It's so romantic that many couples say "I Do" at the top each year. And be sure to stroll the cobblestone streets of SoHo, grab a latte at a cozy little café, a romantic dinner for two, and then experience some of the best nightlife in the world .
4) San Francisco and the Napa Valley, California: Napa Valley wine country is one of the most romantic places there is, with almost as many romantic spots and activities in wine country as there are wineries in Napa Valley. Whether you stay in San Francisco and rent a cozy limo for the day to whisk you and your sweetheart off for the day, or spend a relaxing night or two in one of the many quaint inns and hotels, you're sure to enjoy a romantic time as you travel from winery to winery, taking in the scenery....and maybe a few glasses of wine.
5) Turks & Caicos: Turks and Caicos is among the world's most romantic destinations, with accommodation ranging from five-star hotels and luxury beach resorts to charming boutiques. There aren't a lot of nightlife options on the main island of Providenciales or "Provo", making it the ideal island for couples looking to disconnect from the outside world and really connect with each other. There are many romantic activities here, including horseback rides on the beach, couples massages, and even an opportunity to live out your 'deserted island' fantasy.
Visit travelocity.ca to check-out the low prices on these steamy destinations and more.
Follow Brian Simpson on Twitter: www.twitter.com/RoamingGnome