If you're looking to save some money this holiday season, did you know that there are some great deals to be found at the Dollar Store? Although some items on this list may not be found at your particular Dollar Store, many of them will be! Save dollars at a time when you shop the items from this list!
BLOG CONTINUES AFTER THE SLIDESHOW
1. Don't Forget the Batteries! -- One of my favourite Dollar Store purchases during the Holidays is packs of batteries! For $1, you can buy four-packs of batteries in various sizes. I like to buy an arsenal of AA and C batteries to include with all the battery-powered toys that I gift. True, the Dollar Store battery life is less, but compare at 4 times more!
2. Licensed Disney Items! -- Dollar Stores like Dollarama carry LOTS of licensed Walt Disney items for $1 to $2. Some items include kids' Disney Princess and Toy Story notepads, pens, stickers, colouring books, and juvenile underwear. I love the metal Cars 2 and Disney Fairies waste baskets, which can be used as a Holiday gift basket and loaded with goodies! They are actually very good quality!
3. Holiday Greeting Cards! -- It's old news that the Dollar Store sells greeting cards for $1, but did you know that they also sell licensed cards for the same price? Your child will be delighted with a Transformers, Littlest Pet Shop, Backyardigans or Superheroes card! And just $1!
4. Festive Party Supplies! -- At only $1-$2 for plates, cutlery, napkins, streamers, wrapping paper, bows, ribbon and Holiday gift bags, how can you go wrong? You'll pay four times more at a party speciality store!
5. Seasonal Holiday Items -- Sometimes it's the little things that can really add up! How can you go wrong with a $1-$2 toque, mittens, scarf, ski mask, Christmas stockings and car ice scraper? Worry about Dollar Store quality? This will be our fourth winter season wearing a Dollar Store hat!
6. Holiday Treats! -- Chocolate bars and boxes of festive Life Savers make a great stocking stuffer at .50c to .67c each! Having an office party? Doritos chips and Smartfood popcorn regularly sell for about 50 per cent less at the Dollar Store!
7. Magic Erasers! -- If you're getting your home ready for the Holidays, use Magic Eraser Dollar Store knock-offs to get scuffs, crayons and pencil marks off your walls! They only cost $1 per three-pack and really do the same job as the real thing. The brand name sell for over $4 -- and you only get a two-pack!
8. A Christmas Surprise! -- Although I don't recommend these as I personally find them to be unreliable, yes, pregnancy tests can be purchased at $1 per stick.
9. Socks & Underwear for the Holidays! -- The Dollar Store has a decent underwear aisle for both women and juniors. The kids' undies are usually 100 per cent cotton, and can be purchased with licensed characters for the kids like Strawberry Shortcake and Sesame Street. Although most Dollar Store socks aren't 100 per cent cotton, there are many festive holiday patterns featuring Santa Claus, candy canes and in Christmas colours. Who doesn't need socks and underwear, and all for $1!
10. Holiday Craft Supplies! -- Holiday craft supplies at the Dollar Store are pretty inexpensive! Like to make your own cards and decorations? Load up on glitter glue, Bristol board, magic markers, felt material, popsicle sticks, paint, coloured paper, google eyes and more. And only $1-$2 per item!
Will you be shopping the Dollar Store this Holiday season? What have been your best Dollar Store Holiday scores?