The countdown, to the most watched sports event in the world, has begun. As I am writing this blog, the right side countdown ticker, on the Official Super Bowl's website, is at 2 days 11 hours 00 minutes 56 seconds.
You've made serious pro bets or silly prop wagers. You are playing for cash or bragging rights. Your list, of classic NFC against AFC championship categories, includes which team will be the winner and who will get the Gatorade gush.
Fast forward to 15h30 you are getting ready to go to your friend's house. You're wearing your team's gear; jersey on your freshly showered back, and cap on your un-coiffed mane.
FYEI (For Your Etiquette Information) -- Game day is the only day when your ball cap may be kept on while indoor but do remove it for the anthem.
Before you get set to watch the famous coin flip, check for your Super Bowl game day party manners.
Here are 10 don'ts and two dos, the get re-invited to next year's matchup:
1. Don't coach at the TV. Leave the battle for the Lombardi trophy to the pros.
2. Don't double dip nachos, veggies or any other party foods. Need a refresher on why not, or just for fun, the famous Seinfeld scene. As the guy says to George: "Just take one dip and end it."
3. Don't lick your fingers of chicken wing 'guck' and then high five your buddy. Use your napkin, please.
4. Do follow CHICKEN WING EATING ETIQUETTE
Sticky Situation: How to eat your chicken wings graciously.
Solution: Prefer the drumsticks or for an easy to chew boneless two-boned flat wing follow this simple procedure:
• First, locate the larger end piece of cartilage and discard it.
• With your two first fingers find the skinny bone, wiggle, pull and discard.
• Locate the larger bone, twist, pull and discard it.
You now have a two, maybe three, boneless wing to eat. Delicious and gracious!
5. Don't talk or interrupt during the commercials. This is not the time to show off your version of the Ray Lewis dance, unless, everybody does it. And, in that case, it goes...So hot in here...swoosh to the right, swoosh to the left, work it all up and clap.
6. Don't give 'lip' about the star singer.
7. Don't take pics of friends in 'low places'.
8. Don't post, text, tweet or tag, before doing the two-fridge test. Your job, or your friend's, could depend on it.
9. Don't touch that remote. It's the host's privilege.
10. Don't even think of calling in sick on tomorrow morning.
11. Don't drink and drive. Make safe ride arrangements ahead.
12. Do thank your host(ess) when leaving and call or email on the morning after.
Go Team Go !
Have a sticky situation at work or home? This is your forum. Write to Julie and she will reply promptly. Want more solutions to sticky situations? Check out Facebook, Twitter or order your autographed copy of Etiquette: Confidence & Credibility. Planning a conference? Julie happily travels coast to coast and beyond, to present customized activities.
MORE ON HUFFPOST: