When I saw different versions of pumpkin pie cupcakes popping up on Pinterest...I decided to give them a try. I adapted my tried and true pumpkin pie recipe...and we enjoyed the results. They are like crustless mini-pumpkin pies.
- 1 14 oz / 398ml can pumpkin purèe
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple flavouring (optional)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin cups with foil (not paper) liners or spray with cooking oil.
- In large bowl, combine pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, maple flavouring and milk. Mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt...and add to pumpkin mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan before removing.
- Top with slightly sweetened whipped cream before serving.
*The cupcakes rise while baking and sink in the center while cooling.
Yield: 12 large muffins.
For more tasty recipes visit us at www.mennonitegirlscancook.ca