Since summer is watermelon season, I wanted to share this watermelon cake that my sister, Grace, made for our Dad's 90th birthday!
Not only does it look stunning but it is a light, healthy alternative dessert for a summer bbq or celebration.
According to my sister here are the simple instructions.
1. Cut a watermelon in half, then cut each half into serving sized slices. Cut away the rind.
2. Using one half of the watermelon for each 'cake', set the slices back up together on a serving plate.
3. Whip the "cream" of coconut milk until stiff, sweeten with honey. (you could also use whipped cream with stabilizer or a tsp of instant vanilla pudding 0- sweetened as desired.)
4. Decorate with toasted almonds, or toasted coconut and fresh fruit, as shown.
5. Refrigerate until serving !
Have you entered the Mennonite Girls Can Cook Contest? Click on the link here to get the full details.
Follow Mennonite Girls Can Cook on Twitter: www.twitter.com/mgirlscancook