Google's self-driving car, pregnancy must-haves, more Fifty Shades of Grey, mason jars and sandwich bags -- they all caught my attention this week.
1. The movie What to Expect When You're Expecting is coming out next week. With a star studded cast (Cameron Diaz and Jennifer Lopez), it's sure to be a hit with moms. We're excited--especially after we received a nice big package to the office promoting the movie. What did we find inside the box? Condoms and a Trojan Vibrating Touch (that would be a mini-vibrator that attaches to your finger -- yes). Pregnancy must-haves? The promoters did include a few other items such as a very large pickle, a First Response pregnancy kit and some Nair hair removal products. I'm not sure about all of you, but pregnancy seems a whole lot more fun than what my memory serves. Babymoon, anyone?
2. Google just announced that the first ever self-driving car passed its driver's test. Let's review: a car that drives itself. Think of the hands-free opportunities this provides for moms. Did the baby keep you up all night? Have a nap in your car. Hungry toddlers, dropped toys and sibling spats can all be solved without having to turn around and drive off the road. Finally, all that pesky traffic isn't your problem. You can watch a movie with your kids, text, sext, read, apply makeup, surf and parent all at the same time. A world of opportunity awaits you in your car. Note that you have to live in Nevada first -- it's the only state that will allow it for now. (Side note: what would we do without the state of Nevada?) Let's wait to see who slaps the first Baby on Board sticker to their Google car. Britney?
3. The fascination with Fifty Shades of Grey just isn't going away anytime soon. Apparently, well over 2,000,000 copies of the book have been sold, and even more on Kindle. Here's a hilarious skit on SNL I wanted to share with you. Is mommy porn the new reality TV? I suppose things could be worse.
4. Have you stuffed anything into a mason jar recently? If you have, then apparently you're with the trend. Foodies and decorators can't get enough of this classic container. It seems that everywhere I look these days, I see them. What's amazing is the speed at which their popularity has risen. Should we be crediting Pinterest for this? Whatever the reason, I'm definitely going to dig out my old jars and use them.
5. Worried about your kids' lunch getting stolen or traded? Tired of not being able to control the lunch situation? Make sure they eat what you pack with these handy disposables. The Anti-Theft Lunch Bags might not be the most eco-friendly option but you can be sure nobody else will touch your kids' lunch. Helicopter mom or hilarious mom?