Care to add touches of glamour to your life? If these little practices aren't already in your repertoire, then January is a fabulous time to introduce them to your weekly routine.
- Sitting down with your favourite magazine and a piping hot cup of tea or coco in that mug you purchased while travelling.
- Wearing red lipstick.
- Fresh flowers for your home.
- Travelling: I like to make it an occasion. I plan a cute but appropriate outfit. I dress my passport in a chic leather cover. I have my essentials in my carry-on: Lotion, eye mask, pashmina scarf, lip balm and of course the necessary reading. And I strut all the way down to the plane.
- Stepping out of a car legs first, so as to show off your shoes.
- Treating yourself to a blow out, whether it is at a salon or at home.
- Purchasing a little something lovely from that gorgeous-but-far-too-expensive shop that you adore so much, like a beautiful scented candle or a piece of stationery.
- Sending a handwritten thank you note to a dear friend.
- Lighting candles when you are home alone and curling up on the couch with a luxurious throw.
- Having your nails perfectly painted.
- Wearing your most fabulous sunglasses.
- Decorating your home for the seasons.
- Adding texture and layers to your home décor with a gorgeous wool blanket, ornate and modern picture frames, metallic accents, delicious scented candles and sheepskins.
- Accessorizing an outfit; it just feels good and fabulous -- and don't forget a cocktail ring.
- Showcasing just your most fabulous lipsticks on your bathroom counter -- I like to feature mine in a glass canister with crystal diamond paperweights.
- Wearing an Angora beret, because it's very French of you and rather adorable.
- Dressing for the evening in a glamorous natural fibre like silk, you can't help but feel elegant, and it radiates.
- A freshly starched white shirt.
- Ordering a peanut buster parfait for yourself just because. What diet?
- That sweet moment of calm after a hard-working yoga class; you're lying on your mat under dimmed lights with only your breathing to focus on... It is a moment of true serenity.
- Knowing you have proper stockings and garters on under your dress rather than the usual tights.
- Laughing freely.
- Speaking confidently in a group of people -- how it becomes you!
- Ordering your drink of choice at each restaurant. Some call it boring, but I call it a signature and exploratory.
- Having a signature: Red lips, always in heels, a gold watch or consistently having perfectly done nails.
Follow Olivia Lovenmark on Twitter: