If you have been following my blog, you know that I am always on the lookout for great tips on how I can feel pretty and live a healthy lifestyle after 40. As far as beauty goes I need all the help I can get. I am most comfortable in my pj's and with a headband in my hair. Which let's face it, is not the most professional or sexy look.
I spoke with one of the top makeup artists Ruben Potrebenko, National Brand Educator for Canada Jane Iredale Cosmetics and he shared some of his top tips for women over 40 to look their best this fall.
"The top story trending from the fall runways around the globe was the ultra-modern translation and return of Goth Chic. The common thread of the bolder sculpted brow balanced the richer, riper Bordeaux hues that dressed the lips of the many. Shades that remind us of a well-stocked wine cellar" continues Ruben, "The well sculpted and precision cat eye effect ensures the Chic in Goth Chic. Try smoldering shades with intense pigment. Beautiful skin is always on trend, as in seasons past, allowing the brows, lips and cat-like liner to say the rest."
Ruben's top five tips for applying makeup on mature skin:
1. Less is more. Focus on all things hydrating. Foundations that will deliver moisture and radiance will soften the signs of aging.
2. Introduce a primer to your routine. Primers ensure a flawless application of your foundation and allow you to look as natural as possible.
3. Bronzers uplift the skin tone and assist in downplaying and blending out areas of concern such as redness and hyperpigmentation. Bronzers can allow you to sculpt the facial contour creating the illusion of a lift.
4. Celebrate your beauty with peachy sun-kissed tones. These tones impart youth and health and minimize redness in the complexion.
5. Well sculpted and maintained brows will bring the illusion of lift for both the forehead and eye contour.
Ruben also shared with me that the way an individual chooses to celebrate their beauty is up to them. We are all uniquely different. Ruben shares with me his final thoughts, "make informed decisions; investigate, read, ask questions. Makeup, like skin care, should suit your skin type in order to deliver the best result. As we age we lack moisture in the skin so matte makeup finishes are not the most flattering when we want to put are best face forward."
I have started using these tips and have noticed a difference, I especially love using the BB Cream, and having my eyebrows shaped has made the world of difference.
You are invited to share your experiences in the comments section below and if you have a question, I will do my best to get an expert answer for you.
Keep your eye on my blog, as I continue to look for ways to feel and look your best after 40!Suggest a correction