Your cover image is a fabulous opportunity to promote your business... but do you use it properly? If not, read on and I'll share some tips with you on how to use this powerful spot on your page.
1) First you have to have it the right size: 851 pixels wide by 315 pixels tall. These are the right measurements anything else will result in the image being either too scrunched up or too stretched out. Pictures are easily sized at http://www.picmonkey.com for free.
2) Use this space to share about your business: Use images of your staff, your store front, your products, your happy clients, events you are attending or speaking at, really the skies the limit here.
3) Limit the amount of text on your cover image if you plan on running ads to it. No more than 20 per cent of the image can be covered by words if you plan to run ads. Use Facebook's text overlay tool found here https://www.facebook.com/ads/tools/text_overlay to see if your image has too much text or not.
4) Change it up often: Every time you change your cover image, it goes out as a status update from your page, what a great way to increase your engagement and the understanding of what you do with your fans!
5) Use your cover image to represent the seasons and holidays you celebrate: Add some Christmas cheer or Valentine's love or Canada Day fun to your covers. Be fun and personable on your covers, people want to know about you and your business, show them who your company is.
7) REALLY stuck for ideas? http://www.timelinecoverbanner.com has templates AND images (seasonal and otherwise) for you to use that are sized properly for you. Simply select the image you want to use, add your text, save on your computer then upload to your page. Simple!
I'd love to hear how you are going to use your cover image to promote you and your business more effectively in the future, please join me in the Badass Facebook Marketing Club for more Facebook marketing tips and meet other like minded entrepreneurs!
Until next time, be awesome!
604-341-3387Suggest a correction