“Israel has been playing that gambit for almost 70 years so far and counting; BUT, it has not worked. Israel is still a war zone, missiles are still flying, bombs are still exploding, and casualties are still mounting.
"Nothing they can do"???? Seriously? They have tied up Israel so long the Israelis have become used to being in a war zone. Thinking that is ok doesn't explain the fact that those Israelis who can afford to, MOVE AWAY.
Boca Raton is much safer than Israel. Think about that.”
“But the keys the REFUGEES have in their pockets went to their homes in what is now Israel, not Syria, etc.
Just lumping all "Western Arabs" together and forgetting about specifically where they are REFUGEES FROM, is LUDICROUS.”
ilovemyrights on Mar 13, 2014 at 16:41:17
“Still that is what we will do now. Palestine has lost all its bargaining power. They had everything and said no so now we'll take little pieces of them away, land, dignity, lives... The longer they resist, the less they have. We can do this for another century or more. The Palestinians are impotent now. There is nothing they can do.”
Jon Seldin on Mar 13, 2014 at 16:02:21
“What is LUDICROUS is that you keep thinking that they can return to their homes and everything will be peachy. Why don't you go troll on about the Native Americans and the Aborigines, they would be refugees. America is guilty of it, so is everyone of European descent and even in Africa and Asia. This is not a new phenomena. This is what happens when you build a country, you kick out the people you are going to threaten it.
“No, Israel does not do all it can to minimize Civilian casualties, because they do not resolve the ROOT CAUSE of the decades of conflict hatred and violence.
They refuse to institute Justice for ALL.
Some of the changes which would reflect "Justice for ALL" between the Israelis and the Palestinians would be:
1. Compensation or right of return for the refugees whose homes were "confiscated".
2. Equal use of roadways, buses, i.e, all infrastructure.
3. Equal enforcement of laws, i.e., when "settlers" do criminal acts upon Palestinians, or their property, (olive trees etc.), they should be criminally charged instead of the IDF only restraining / controlling the Palestinians.
4. Removal of "check points" & walls, assuming that numbers 1 - 3 led to an end of hostilities.
5. Removal of blockade.
6. Equalize the laws so that the Palestinians can also qualify for building permits, etc.
7. Equalize water access.
These would be the sort of changes which would reflect: Justice for ALL.”””
Jon Seldin on Mar 13, 2014 at 18:17:51
“Wow... this is such a fantasy statement. This is like saying well if Europeans never came to the Americas, Native American civilian casualties would be minimized.
1. Compensation or Right of Return for the "Refugees". Unrealistic and most likely not happening, they can maybe go back to the Palestinian state if/when it get created. Not even the Abbas is asking for this.
2. They already can use this, but they should probably stay away from the settlements are crazy radicals live there. Which is a complication that I think is wrong.
3. I agree with you there that's a settlement thing that the IDF has no busy stinking their nose in.
4. Check points are needed, since we can't have suicide bombers and terrorists coming into Israel
5. Blockade gets removed when Hamas recognizes Israel's right to exist peacefully
6. The laws are equal, it's just some prejudices, like we have prejudice in the US. It's sporadic. However, most Israeli Arabs are treated equally.
7. Israel, Jordan, and PA have agreed on a water right treaty a few months ago over the Dead Sea.”
“The REFUGEES are not from the "other Arab countries", so it is invalid to say that they "need to go back". The land is not "gone" anymore than it was when the European Zionists arrived and displaced the people living there.”
Jon Seldin on Mar 13, 2014 at 13:58:29
“Other Arab countries never existed until the Ottomans were defeated after WW1. The League of Nations gave the British and French the Middle East to sort out and they drew arbitrary lines in the sand as borders. There is no real difference between a Syrian, Jordanian, Palestinian, and Lebanese, etc. They're all Western Arabs.”
“Just another day in the endless hatred and violence of this ongoing never ending vicious cycle which started with the Zionists immigration into the area and their displacement of the local inhabitants.”
ZionistBabe on Mar 13, 2014 at 08:41:39
“Since you make it abundantly clear that you understand that displacing others is wrong, when shall you be righting the Native Americans?”
ilovemyrights on Mar 13, 2014 at 00:22:38
“Yay Israel and displacement of Arabs! You really can never have too much of this news.”
“Exactly, why are Israeli citizens being punished for existing? Terrorists in Gaza and elsewhere no have right to attack innocent people for no reason, then hide behind their own civilians for cover for the impending defense from Israel.”
“What about the innocent civilians who are the victims of the IDF collective punishment of them in Gaza? Only the Israeli civilians deserve to be treated properly??
As long as anyone is oppressed, the conflict will continue.”
Jon Seldin on Mar 13, 2014 at 11:00:34
“It's unfortunate that civilians get hurt when Israel retaliate from terrorists attacks. It's more unfortunate that the terrorists that rule and control Gaza purposefully put their civilians in jeopardy by hiding in schools, hospitals, residences, and mosques. They shoot their rockets and then hide and put their citizens in danger, knowing full well the consequences of attacking Israel. During the 2008 Gaza war, the majority of weapons caches and rocket attacks were found and traced from residential buildings.
Israel tries to do all it can to minimize civilian causalities when they respond, but they happen unfortunately.”
“Actually Hillary - There have been a lot more civilian casualties at the hands of the IDF / Zionist forces than from their VICTIMS. That is why there are so many REFUGEES. Try to keep up with the dynamic.”
“Obviously some people are more interested in taking more land than they are in peace in the Middle East.
As long as Israel has the military superiority, and the support of America, they can remain the arrogant oppressors, as they continue to build more "settlements".
Just because the Zionists have the best military does not mean the Palestinians are being treated humanely, in fact the reality is the exact opposite. As long as the Zionists have the best military, the Palestinians will be inhumanely and unjustly oppressed.
Declaring innocence of crimes against humanity because of some business success didn't work for Germany in the 1930s - 40s either.”