Nov 30, 2013 at 12:23:21
“You completely ignore the point I was making.
Like all good conservatives, you can't even distinguish between a straightforward political argument and pure deception.
It's completely dishonest and misleading to portray Justin quoting his father as Justin having said it himself.
This is one party knowingly and purposely trying to fool people - because they know that, even though some will reject it, the low information will cling to it as the truth.
It's pathetic politics. The lowest form.
But as a right winger, I would never expect you to acknowledge or even understand it.”
capitalism beats all on Dec 1, 2013 at 10:25:03
“All politics are pathetic. Have you ever watched a session in the House of Commons. I can't believe how high these people are paid to sit and whine and argue with each other for hours each day. That goes for all parties, including the Liberals.”
Nov 30, 2013 at 11:07:55
“What you're leaving out of the equation is the outright deception Harper uses.
For example, portraying Justin quoting his father as Justin's actual words and thoughts is beyond reprehensible.
So your false equivalency doesn't hold water here.”
capitalism beats all on Nov 30, 2013 at 11:55:20
“Oh please, get your head out of the clouds. This is politics at its finest. The conservative news sources would report these flyers as brutal, personal attacks while HP reports it as a positive strategy for the Liberal campaign. Do you see the irony? Or is your head too far up in the clouds puffed by Trudeau and his pot-smoking party?”
Nov 24, 2013 at 09:58:10
“I heard Doug Ford say that about his brother on CNN. I don't see it though. Do you have any links that demonstrate his social liberalism?”
iamaniceperson on Nov 24, 2013 at 14:27:25
“Canada is very different from America Politically. Although we are similar culturally. A conservative in Canada or Europe has a very different meaning from what it means in America.
1. Gay Marriage is not an issue in Canada. It is never even talked about during our elections. It is just common sense to allow consenting adults to choose for themselves.
2. No one in canada is trying to restrict abortion like you guys do in the states.
3. Level of taxation. There are many us states with 0% state income tax. Canada has much higher federal taxes than the US and our lowest provincial taxation tax is in alberta with 10% flat rate.
4. The Canadian Pension Plan is far more generous than your Social Security.
5. Single payer government health care is one of the pillars of our country. In America you guys consider mandating people to buy insurance from private companies socialism. Also talk about cutting from medicare and medicaid.
6. Religion isnt a big issue in Canada. Where as I always see American politicians thump the bible and talk about God (even democrats like Obama do this) it just doesn't happen up here. Look at ford. If he were an american conservative he would be asking jesus for forgiveness and talking to church leaders every 5 mins.
When I see MSNBC call Ford a tea party conservative it makes me wince because it is just inaccurate. IMO the tea party has a strong racist element in it.”
Nov 22, 2013 at 09:32:34
“If you're skeptical, point out where HP went wrong with this story. In other words, attack the message, not the messenger.
Attacking the messenger is a last resort ploy when you have no other option. Which leads me to the conclusion that you, like I, think HP's reporting here is on the mark.
And again, if it's not, please point out where they went wrong.
I sure don't agree with everything Trudeau says and does and I'm more than willing to say so. My vote is still up in the air (although the CPC will never be an option.)
Which leads me to the question...
Why do you feel you have to support EVERYTHING that Harper and his party do?
You'd garner a lot more respect if you said something along the lines of...
"I support the Conservative party but portraying Justin quoting his father as Justin's words is just plain wrong."
Why does it have to be black and white with you?
And btw, comparing HP (whose Canadian editor is a right-winger) to Sun News is a false equivalency. The problem Harley, is what we all know and you won't admit... reality has a liberal bias and it's never been so evident than with this current government.”
Nov 21, 2013 at 23:10:20
“So what's your point?
Are you saying the story is inaccurate? Are you saying lies are ok on the campaign trail? Or are you saying that these types of inaccuracies should'nt be reported?”
HarleyOpenRoad on Nov 21, 2013 at 23:24:02
“I'm saying none of those things.
However, being the fair-minded and intelligent poster that you are, Dirk, I'm sure you can understand my skepticism on anything reported or claimed by this, the most blatantly pro-Liberal, pro-Trudeau media site in Canada.