Joe Raedle via Getty Images
The company noted it may be at a higher risk for foodborne illnesses because of its use of "fresh produce and meats rather than frozen," and its traditional cooking methods," rather than "automation."
I inadvertently ate a worm that was living in my cereal, I think. It was squirming, really. Which grossed me out beyond words but it got me to thinking...what are the dangers lurking in our cupboards? Are mealworms like the ones that ruined my snack dangerous parasites?
Chris Ryan via Getty Images
According to Public Health Agency of Canada, four-million Canadians will come down with food poisoning this year. Fortunately, most recover but some do not. While some cases result from improper food handling at restaurants or at home, many are caused by products purchased at the grocery store.
TORONTO - As the delicious scent of baking cookies wafts through the kitchen, it may be tempting to lick any remaining dough off the mixing spoon during cleanup. But stop right there.If the batter con...
OTTAWA - A new food safety report released by the Conference Board of Canada says half or more of all cases of food-borne illnesses in Canada are picked up in restaurants or from other food service pr...
Steve Brown remembers what he calls the fateful day more than three years ago when he had "the fateful sandwich." Initially, he was OK — and then the headaches started. "It felt like somebody was in...